Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Opinions

Being pregnant means that people suddenly feel compelled to comment on your body, even if they don't know you that well.

In a single 8 hour work day, I have heard:

"Wow.....you're getting so big!"
"Wow....you don't look that big at all!"
"How much weight have you gained?"
"You're that far along? I would never have guessed!"
"You're only that far along?"

Opinions. Everyone has them :)

And then there's my husband. Who said this morning "I don't think your belly has grown that much in the last few weeks". Ummm...have you not looked at me recently???? But I do think that for someone who sees me every day (Sean, myself, etc.) it's much harder to tell how I'm growing, because we're getting used to it. My response to him? "Well when the doctor measured me, I was 25, and that's right where I should be". His response? "25 what?" Ummmm.....that's a good question! I can't be 25 inches (this is the uterus measurement folks), so I must be 25 centimeters????? Who knows....

No comments: