Monday, May 9, 2011

San Diego Part 2: The Wedding!

15 years ago I found myself beginning a new adventure, at a college many miles from home, with a group of women that I had never met before. I was homesick, I was scared, and I had no idea what the next few semesters would bring. Suddenly, the semesters turned into years, and those years became a fork in the road that would send me on the journey that I was always meant to walk.

These women changed my life.




Jessi (the blushing bride), Anna (the soon-to-be blushing bride), Susie (my roomie, with Jack's little sister hanging tight in her belly), Me, and the always adorable Natalie.

Spending the evening with my "sisters", sharing the laughter and tears that can only come with having a combined history, and celebrating Jessi's new adventure as she became a Mrs, was in all ways, the perfect night.

The ceremony was beyond gorgeous. The sun was setting over the water as the lovely Jessi said "I Do" to her Australian prince Rich. They were 100% in the moment, with vows so real and so honest.

As the sun went down and the wind picked up, we gathered inside to celebrate the new bride and groom with good music, good food, and some memory-making.
Just in case anyone forgot, Max and Jack's folks still know how to party. Thanks to Max's Baubee and Zaydee, we were able to stay in LA all night, and get our party groove on with our good friends. Did I mention how THRILLED we were that Max had a "win" with Baubee and Zaydee and the bedtime bonanza?? Actually, Baubee and Zaydee won that round. Thank god. Mommy and Daddy needed 8 hours of sleep like nobody's business!
If I could tell my 18 year old self one thing, it would be this.

Reach out. Get to know these girls as quickly as you can. It will be the best thing you have ever done with your life, and someday, in the not so far off future, you will be celebrating weddings, babies, and life's biggest treasures with them. They will change your life.
I love you Cal Poly ladies!

No comments: