Saturday, October 4, 2008

Great Expectations

Tucker. Max. Annabelle. Madalyn. We don't yet know what we will call you, but yesterday, on October 3rd, we learned that you were growing inside of me. I had been feeling funny for the past few days...crampy, extra tired, just a hint of nausea. I want to say that I knew, and I think I did. Yesterday at work, I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and put both hands on my stomach. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and felt like there was something beyond me happening in my body. I have never been so sure about something in my life, and yet, when I took the test after work, I could not believe my eyes. I made Sean come running down the stairs. I think the first thing I said to him was "I need you to help me make sure I'm not reading this wrong!". We looked at each other with joy and disbelief, and gave each other a huge hug...now what?!

We hope and pray that you stay with us, that you grow bigger each day. I want you to find a safe comfy spot in there, and grow healthy and strong. I will do everything I can to take care of you, and to try not to stress. Sean will help me to eat healthy, and will take care of me, so I can take care of you. We will begin to plan the next steps of our lives...slowly, tentatively, and with the greatest amount of hope.

I believe that I am about 6 weeks pregnant. You are the size of a poppy seed.

No comments: