Friday, October 17, 2008

Mmmmm....Goat Cheese

I love this little raspberry-sized baby that is growing in my belly. Even though it is causing me to feel two deep breaths away from barfing...all day. I love our little raspberry. But I also love goat cheese. Goat cheese on a club sandwich. Goat cheese on a spinach and strawberry salad. Goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms with a little pesto and pine nuts (for those of you keeping track, that was my last goat cheese meal...with Mom on our First Annual Mother/Daughter spa trip to La Costa...and yes, I was probably already pregnant then, but didn't know it, so the amazing appetizer that I will dream about for the next 9 months DID NOT COUNT). My wonderful husband even found a way to get me to eat eggs on a semi-regular basis. Half of a container of crumbled goat cheese scrambled in. But not any more. I am now facing a trial separation from my favorite food on earth.

Speaking of food....let's look at all of the things I ate the week before I knew I was pregnant, ALL of which are now forbidden. Runny eggs benedict at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego. Breakfast of champions for my Roomie and I. Caesar salad, which for some odd reason I craved on a regular basis at that point. I think Tucker wants goat cheese. And eggs benny. He's overdue for a crisp Caesar with lots of parm. If I have one more saltine, I'm gonna run screaming into the nearest cheese shop and rob them.

No comments: