Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Galloping Horses

I said I'd never do it, but I did. We rented a doppler machine so that we could listen to Tucker's heartbeat by playing doctor in our own living room.

I ripped open the box tonight like a kid on the first night of Chanukah, skimmed over the directions (briefly read something about how the heartbeat will sound like galloping horses), yanked my skirt down to my hips and plopped down on the couch. The directions say to go slow, and there's a CD that plays what the baby's heartbeat should sound like, so you don't get it confused with your own....although FYI, it is REALLY easy to hear your stomach gurgle if you're hungry. So we put the gooey jelly on my stomach, and started moving the wand around......nothing.....Sean decided to give it a try......ummm, nothing.....I tried again, slooooowwly....CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP....and there was Tucker! Nestled down low on my right side (instead of my left, like at the last doctor's appointment). Galloping horses! Sean started counting, and we estimated about 140 beats per minute....right on target!

We can actually save the sound of Tucker's heartbeat, and post it to the blog...but that's a technical task for another time. Stay tuned!

No comments: