Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mmmm...Sushi!

Yes, I have noticed that most of my blogs have been about food. Welcome to my world. I assume that as Tucker grows (and I grow), I will begin to have other things to blog about (choosing a stroller, buying baby clothes, names, etc.). But for now....

I had sushi tonight!!! Don't call my doctor, it wasn't raw. There are many things that a pregnant woman can eat at the neighborhood sushi joint, and in fact, these things are quite healthy for Tucker too. Seaweed salad, edamame, shrimp, tempura...ok, the tempura isn't such a healthy choice, but the rest was. I even ate two "fake rolls", with veggies, shrimp, and avocado....it was just like the real thing, but I didn't have to pick the nasty little fish eggs off the top!

Poor Sean, who can only tolerate sushi 1/10 times, was nice enough to indulge me after doing everything in his power to try to dissuade me. He even resorted to playing dirty, by telling me "You know, it's possible that they could make your cooked sushi with a contaminated knife that they used to cut the raw fish. Are you SURE you want to go?". He couldn't change my mind. Chopsticks make me so happy.

No comments: