Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Girls




About three years ago, I met "The Girls". We all worked together in the trenches, at The Old Job. We quickly became a very close group, the four of us, and have celebrated many ups and downs together. Getting to know them was so unexpected, and yet now it feels as if we've known each other forever. They have truly been such a bright light in my life, and I am blessed to have them as role models, mentors, and the world's best ladies to laugh and gossip with. Between the three of them they are experts on motherhood, marriage, social work, friendship among women, all things domestic, and even puppies! We have shared holidays, dinners, parties, family stories, and tears and laughter about our clients. We have also shared pregnancies and the arrival of two of their beautiful babies, and I am so excited that my little one will be joining Caleb and Heidi for lunches at Sweet Tomatoes and walks around the Pleasant Hill mall :)

We met for lunch this weekend, but we missed Kerry and Caleb (he was making his rock star debut in the Christmas Parade!). Jenny and Kerrin welcomed me into the crazy land of pregnancy by surprising me with some great books and some itty bitty pairs of baby socks. Kerrin also brought us her world-famous gingerbread cookies....again, a domestic goddess!

Thanks girls, for the hours and hours of "catching up" that I was long overdue for.....and we miss you Kerry and Caleb!

No comments: